Catching Pokemon is a major draw in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. To catch a Pokemon you need to use a Poke Ball. There are a number of different types of Poke Balls to choose from in the newest addition of Pokemon. To help you keep track of what each Poke Ball does use our what the different Poke Balls do in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield list below.
Types of Poke Balls in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield
There are a number of different types of Poke Balls for you to use on your quest to catch all 400 Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex. These Poke Balls are designed with different usages in mind. Below is a list of all the different types of Poke Balls you can use:
- Poke Ball: standard Poke Ball used for catching Pokemon.
- Great Ball: [provides a higher success rate at catching Pokemon than a standard Poke Ball.
- Ultra Ball: provides a higher success rate at catching Pokemon than a Great Ball.
- Master Ball: guaranteed catch of any level Pokemon.
- Quick Ball: has a more successful catch rate if used at the start of a wild encounter.
- Repeat Ball: works especially well on Pokemon species that have been caught before.
- Premiere Ball: rare looking Poke Ball designed to celebrate an event.
- Level Ball: makes it easier to catch Pokemon that are lower level than your own Pokemon.
- Net Ball: effective at catching Water- or Bug-type Pokemon.
- Beast Ball: has a low success rate for catching a Pokemon.
- Dream Ball: makes it easier to catch Pokemon while they’re asleep.
- Heal Ball: heals and eliminates any status conditions on the Pokemon caught with it.
- Friend Ball: makes Pokemon caught with it more friendly towards trainer.
- Luxury Ball: makes wild Pokemon grow friendlier after being caught.
- Lure Ball: good at catching Pokemon you reel in with a fishing rod.
- Dusk Ball: makes it easier to catch wild Pokemon at night or inside caves.
- Moon Ball: makes it easier to catch Pokemon that can evolve using a Moon Stone.
- Dive Ball: works well on Pokemon that live underwater.
- Nest Ball: becomes more effective the lower the level of the wild Pokemon.
- Timer Ball: becomes more effective at catching a Pokemon the more turns there are taken in battle.
- Love Ball: becomes more effective if catching a Pokemon of the opposite gender to your Pokemon.
That’s all the Poke Balls and what they do in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. As you can see there are a number of Poke Balls at your disposal. If you do catch a Pokemon in a different Poke Ball you will see a visually different Poke Ball when the Pokemon is thrown into battle.
Thoughts on our what the different Poke Balls do in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield list? Drop a comment in The Pit below.