This guide contains a balanced, army focused, mid-game strategy for East Asia in War Selection.
This strategy focuses on:
- A nice balance of workers.
- Ability to amass large armies in seconds for attacking and defending.
- Minimal base building.
- Early to Mid game victories.
- Immediately queue 30 workers and send one worker to build 3 houses.
- Assign: 10 workers to food, 30 to wood.
- Build 10 houses as you need them.
- Optionally: Build 1-2 warehouses.
- Build the temple and age up to East Asia ASAP.
- Scout: Look for spots to put warehouses, iron nodes, stone nodes, and finally any nearby enemies.
- Place your townhall by iron.
- If you can’t find iron either place your townhall somewhere else or upgrade your worker’s tools at warehouses and keep looking.
- 50-60 workers: 10-15 food, 25-30 wood, 10 iron, 5 builders (placed on resources when not building).
- Buildings: Farm, 16 houses total, 5-10 barracks.
- Upgrades: Warehouse tools, spear damage, improved armor.
- Army: ~15 spearmen more or less as needed.
- Scout: More resources, incoming enemy armies, and enemy bases.
- Attack: Clear animals from resources you plan to expand to soon; attack enemy bases.
- Town Hall Upgrades: Get them as needed; if you scouted properly then it may be more important to get the population upgrade before vision so you can build a bigger army. Same thing applies to future town hall upgrades.
- Build Offensive Towers: Send your workers assigned to building to the front-lines to build towers. These give you vision, rob the opponent’s vision, and provide a slight defensive position/decoy.
- 60-65 Workers: 20 food, 20 wood, 20 iron, 5-10 builders.
- Buildings: 10 barracks, 19 houses.
- Army: 50+ units ready in seconds.
Todo / Notes
- Eliminate as many players as possible.
- Only samurai or siege units will be able to damage later town halls.
- Use your army to kill workers and other buildings if they can’t damage town hall.
- Don’t give your enemy a chance to rebuild if they wipe your first army. Spawn another 60 unit doom stack and attack again if you can win.
- Avoid letting enemy players get to the industrial age safely and easily – attack the back lines if you have to.
- East Asia loses its strength at this point.
- Pray that your teammates who have been sitting in the back doing nothing all game can win now.