This guide will explain what to do and what route to take in order to earn the 4 speedrun themed tasks.
Guide to Speedrun Tasks
This guide will help you with the proper route to take. With these routes, you should be able to get each task/achievement in only a few tries (or less).
- You have 7 minutes to do each area, before the bell rings. When you get to a new area, you should reset. Resetting will reset your 7 minute timer.
- I am assuming that you have already beaten the game and are at least mildly familiar with the game’s tasks and where items are located.
- Optimally with these routes, each section can be done in under 4 minutes. So there is a lot of leeway and forgiveness!
The Garden is the first area of the game!
The most optimal movement in Garden is as follows:
- Place both sandwiches on top of the basket outside of the garden [If you are having trouble with this, you can move 1 sandwich to the picnic blanket to the right instead]
- Turn on the water spigot and then grab the radio. When you hear the sound of the groundskeeper taking his keys to open the gate, run into the lake on the left side of the bench, to turn the radio off, then take the radio to the picnic blanket
- Take the apple to the picnic blanket, then carefully take the basket + 2 sandwiches to the blanket [or take the basket to the blanket then take the other sandwich, depending on what you did in the first step]
- The groundskeeper should have gotten himself wet, wondering about the radio, while you were moving items to the blanket. If not, make sure to get him wet!
- Grab the groundskeeper’s keys as he’s going back into the garden, or shortly after he went back into the garden. Make sure to hold them in your beak for at least 3 seconds or the task will not trigger as completed
- Take the jam from the back table and stealthfully move it to the picnic blanket.
- Take the pumpkin from its patch and stealthfully move it to the picnic blanket.
- Take the thermos from the back table and stealthfully move it to the picnic blanket.
- Go back into the garden and take the tulip (flower) and lure the groundskeeper to where he plants the tulip. When he bends down to re-plant the tulip, grab his hat. Run into the thick greenery in the upper-right, and drop his hat there.
- Ideally, he will be confused, wondering where his hat is, and you can freely take the rake and start dragging it towards the lake.
- When the rake is outside of the garden, halfway between the garden entrance and the lake, drop it. Go back and grab a carrot. Take carrot to the picnic blanket.
- Grab the rake and put it in the lake.
- Rush back into the garden and honk at the correct time to make the groundskeeper hammer his thumb.
The second area of the game. More NPCs to deal with!
- Make sure to reset when you enter high st.
- Honk the boy into the phone booth. Untie his shoes as he is opening the phone booth door, if you can. The boy can be in one of two locations after the reset. If he is at his toy plane, make sure to take it from him. Do not honk him into the phone booth with the plane.
- Quickly grab the toy plane and move it into the shopkeeper’s store, ideally placing it on the empty display space where the shopkeeper will place the plane.
- Quickly grab the broom, either in the shop or just outside of the shop, depending on the shopkeeper’s position. Break the broom.
- Quickly grab a pair of glasses from display in the store, and move back towards the boy.
- Ideally, the tv store owner will still be helping the boy. Enter the store and get on tv.
- Grab the boy’s glasses (untie his shoes first, if needed). Carry them a bit away from the boy. Grab the glasses you stole from the store and give them to the boy.
- Honk the boy into the store and make sure he sees his plane. He will then try to buy it back.
- While the shopkeeper is distracted selling the plane, get as many of the canned food, cleaner, hairbrush, and a tomato into the shopping basket. You likely can get at least 3 of these… Maybe all 4.
- After the boy buys back his plane and the shopkeeper starts chasing you, exit the shop to the right so that she will open the garage. After she has opened the garage, lock her in.
- Grab the used toothbrush from the trashcan on the right side of high st and take it to the basket.
- Grab the toilet paper (loo paper) and place it in the basket.
- Place any remaining items into the basket that you weren’t able to place in it before locking the shopkeeper in the garage.
Meet our friendly neighbors, tidy and messy!
- Make sure to reset once you’ve broken the fence and entered the back garden.
- While he reads the newspaper, stealthfully steal tidy’s slipper and hide it behind the divider at the top, or outside the fence to the right if you want to play it safer.
- When he gets up to wonder where his shoe is, steal his newspaper and take it outside the fence to the right.
- Tidy should be by the fence, allowing you to freely grab the hat off of his table. Take it to the lower part of his backyard, open the gate to the messy neighbor’s side, and bring the hat onto her side.
- Go back and take tidy’s pipe, going counterclockwise around his table. If you do this correctly, he will not chase you down to the bottom half of his backyard. Move the pipe to messy’s side.
- Go back and take tidy’s glasses, going counterclockwise around his table. If you do this correctly, he will not clase you down to the bottom half of his backyard. Carry the glasses into messy’s side and drop them by the bust for messy to dress up.
- Move the other two items up to the bust for messy to dress up.
- While dressing the bust, remove the red ribbon from the duck statue and hide it below and behind the table in the lower-right, next to the bra and socks.
- Pretend to be the duck statue so that you can have the ribbon put on you.
- Make tidy spit out his tea.
- Quickly grab the bar of soap, open the desk drawer, and move back to tidy’s side. You have to be quick here, and drop the soap into tidy’s little pond, while tidy and messy are arguing. You do not, under any circumstances, want tidy to come down to the bottom half of his backyard at this point.
- Open the gate, grab the bra, and move it barely onto tidy’s side.
- Go back and grab a sock, move it to tidy’s side.
- Go back and grab the second sock, carry it into the pool. You may have to dodge messy neighbor while doing this.
- Move the first sock and the bra into the pool.
- While tidy is sipping his tea, grab his second slipper and carry it into the pool. If you are still wearing the ribbon, he will get up and take the ribbon from you and throw it over the fence, before then sitting back down… this is normal.
- Open the gate, peck the squirrel statue, and grab the vase.
- Bring the vase to tidy and let him throw it back to messy neighbor’s side.
- Try to keep messy neighbor at the bottom half of her backyard, so that she does not see the broken vase. Re-open gate and re-peck squirrel bush if needed.
- Wait for tidy to give access to the prized rose, then move the rose down.
- Messy will clip the prized rose. Re-open gate and re-peck squirrel bush if needed.
The final area! Allllllll the NPCs.
- Make sure to reset once you’ve entered the area outside of pub.
- Untie the bouncer’s shoes and slip past him into the pub. Make sure he falls over while chasing you.
- Perform for the ladies.
- Go into the top of the pub, using the stairs between the ladies and the old man. Grab the mug that is to the immediate right.
- Make sure pub lady sees you and chases you out of the pub with the mug, through the front stairs and entrance.
- When at the gate to the bridge outside of pub, carefully drop the mug (duck first), open the gate, re-grab the mug, and carefully drop it into the canal (it can break on the side of the bridge if you go too quickly). Then maneuver back past the pub lady towards the pub.
- If you are fast enough with the above steps, you can freely go back to the top of the pub. If not, untie the bouncer’s shoes again, he’ll chase you up the stairs, and fall over somewhere on the right side of the top of the pub.
- The next few steps should all be doable without pub lady bothering you, as she will be slowly walking back from where we left her outside of the pub.
- Grab the candlestick and go to the left side of the top of the pub.
- Drop the candlestick and turn on the tub faucet, for the toy boat.
- Grab the knife that is near you, above and to the right, then drop it out the little hole in the fence on the left side of the top of the pub, near the back of the pub.
- Grab the candlestick and drop it out the little hole.
- Grab the pepper shaker and drop it out the little hole.
- Grab the fork from under the table and drop it out the little hole.
- The water in the tub should be full by now, so grab the toy boat and hold it for 3 seconds. Then drop it and turn off the faucet.
- Exit the top of the pub via the stairs between ladies / old man, and start carrying the 4 items you dropped through the hole into the back of the pub and onto the table. While doing this, pay attention to what the old man is doing, and make sure to honk to have him break the dartboard and also pull out his chair, while moving items. It’s RNG as to what position he will be in, so you have to wing this a bit
- Don’t forget to take the plate that is in the back of the pub, up the stairs, on the shelf… and place it on the table as well.
- Lure the pub lady towards the back of pub, if needed, and then get the bouncer and bring him to the back of the pub. Place 1 (or more) tomatoes out for him to replace. Speed up to the top of the pub and drop the bucket on his head.
A year ago, when the game first came out, I made videos showing how to do these tasks quickly. The routes used in these videos are out of date with the above text guide.