Sky: Children of the Light Guides:
- Beginner’s Guide (Tips & Tricks).
- Adventure Pass Guide.
- Connection & Performance FAQ.
- Controls & Navigation FAQ.
- Friends & Social FAQ.
- Why have all the portals disappeared?
- How do I create Candles?
- How do I create or get Hearts?
- How does Energy work?
- How does the Winged Light work?
- Why is my, or other characters, wearing headphones?
- What does the lightning and battery button in the menu do?
- How do I change the gender of my character?
- How do I upgrade my emotes?
- What are the areas in the world called?
- How do I take screenshots of the game?
- How can I capture video of the game?
- What should I do if I cannot hear my game?
Why have all the portals disappeared?
When you unlock the Eye of Eden level, all of your portals will disappear. The portals will not return until you complete the Eye of Eden level.
While the Eye of Eden level is open, you will not be able to travel to other levels, or warp to friends.
How do I create Candles?
You can create Candles in one of two ways:
- You can light Candles throughout the world to collect their Light, and after you have collected enough Light, you can create a Candle by tapping the Candle icon in the top-left.
- You can also purchase Candles from the in-app store by tapping the Candle icon in the top-left.
How do I create or get Hearts?
You can get hearts by either earning them from Quests, or receiving them as gifts from other players.
You can gift someone a Heart by:
- Tapping on the friend you would like to gift the Heart to either in person or from the Home.
- From the social menu selecting the Gift Heart option.
- Converting 3 Candles into a Heart for that player.
Notice – You can only do this once, per friend, every 24 hours.
How does Energy work?
Energy is the resource you use to float, light Candles, and generally keep alive. Your Energy is displayed on your Cape, and as a Cape icon in the top-middle of your screen. As you use your Energy it will be drained from your Cape.
When moving, Energy can be used like a jetpack to lift your character higher into the air, from the ground or even while flying. Each time you do this, it will consume a portion of your energy.
You can restore your Energy by standing next to other players, lit Candles, collecting emotes from Spirits or giving High-Fives and Hugs to your friends.
You can increase the amount of total Energy your character has by collecting the emotes from Spirits around the world. This is indicated by the Cape Icon that appears in the top-middle of the screen or by the diamonds on your characters back that light up.
How does the Winged Light work?
Winged Light, when collected, will level up your Cape. Each Cape level appears as a star on the back of your character’s Cape.
These levels determine how much Wing Energy you will have, and Wing Energy is used to flap and fly higher to find unique or hidden spots in the world.
Winged Light can be found around the world in secret locations. If for whatever reason you lose a Winging Light, you can return to these locations to collect them again.
Winged Light can be deposited in the Eye of Eden level to earn Ascended Light, which can be used to purchase special Winged Light from the Spirits that will restore each time you complete the game.
Why is my, or other characters, wearing headphones?
Headphones will appear on the head of characters when the player is listening to music that is not in Sky.
For example, if the player is listening to iTunes on the same device they are playing Sky, their character will appear with headphones on.
The lightning and battery button toggles the Battery Saver mode on and off.
When on, the graphics quality of the game will be reduced, but the life of your device’s battery while playing will be extended.
When off, the graphics quality of the game will be at its best, but the life of your device’s battery while playing will be shorter.
How do I change the gender of my character?
The characters do not have a gender, but you can change their hairstyle and other cosmetics so they appear as you would like them to.
How do I upgrade my emotes?
Warning! The following content may contain spoilers for anyone who has not already played the game’s main narrative adventure. Read at your own risk.
To upgrade your emotes, you will first you need to complete the game and become reborn. When you do, you can repeat any of your emote quests to collect them again. Each time you collect an emote after the first time, it will level up. You can level up each emote three times after collecting it.
What are the areas in the world called?
Warning! The following content contains spoilers for anyone who has not already played the game’s main narrative adventure. Read at your own risk.
The following is a list of the levels in the game, in the order they are discovered in the game:
- Isle of Dawn – the first level you encounter where you are introduced to the game’s controls and features for the first time. This looks like a sandy beach, and there is a temple high atop a hill.
- Daylight Prairie – this is the first level you really get to fly in, where you meet the mantas, and are surrounded by clouds.
- Hidden Forest – this is the dark gloomy forest where the rain drains your character of its energy, and the first place you discover burnable dark matter.
- Valley of Triumph – this is the snowy downhill race through the peaks of a frozen valleys that leads you to a great colosseum.
- Golden Wasteland – this is the desolate wasteland where the terrible krill patrol high high above, waiting to swoop down on the descendants below.
- Vault of Knowledge – this is the starry library where you must ascend through the floors of a great tower with the help of celestial creatures.
- Eye of Eden – this is the treacherous maelstrom of stone and hail that very few have ever survived.
- The Ascent – this is the flight through the peaks and into the open skies above.
- The Light – the final location.
There is also a special level where you can warp between levels, connect with and manage friends called Home.
How do I take screenshots of the game?
To take a screenshot using the in-game feature, you need to:
- Tap any of the four corners of the screen to make the menu appear.
- Tap the camera icon in the bottom-right corner.
You can quickly take a screenshot by:
- Double-tapping the bottom-right of the screen.
You can also take a screenshot with your iOS device by:
- Press and hold the Top or Side button.
- Then immediately click the Home button and release the Top or Side button.
In each of these cases, your current view will be captured as a screenshot that will be sent to your devices photo storage.
How can I capture video of the game?
To capture video using the in-game feature, you need to:
- Tap the bottom-right corner of the screen to make the menu appear.
- Tap the video camera icon in the bottom-right corner.
To capture video from your iOS device, you can:
- Add Screen Recording to Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap the green plus ( + ) button next to Screen Recording.
- Open Control Center
- Tap the gray circle button, then wait for the three-second countdown. To capture sound while you record, press deeply on the gray circle button and tap Microphone Audio.
- To stop recording, open Control Center and tap the red circle button. Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
If that does not work, you can also try the following:
- Connect your device to your Mac via a lightning cable,
- Then open QuickTime player on your Mac.
- Click File then “New Movie Recording”.
- A recording window will appear from which you must select your device from the down-arrow next to the record button.
Once you have done this, you can record video directly from the device.
What should I do if I cannot hear my game?
If you cannot hear the game’s audio, try the following steps until you can hear audio again:
- Unplug all headphones and speakers from the device. If you can hear the game’s audio from the device, the issue may be with your headphones or speakers.
- Run a different game or app that has audio to see if you can hear the audio from that app. If you cannot hear their audio then perhaps it is your device.
- While playing the game, close all other applications that might be competing to play audio.