This guide quickly covers the basics of the game’s objective and what you should focus on during gameplay based on your character.
These guidelines come from my personal experience of only 10 hours of gameplay in the Resident Evil Resistance beta and youtube videos I have watched. Everything may not be accurate. Use this guide as a foundation, upon which to build your own opinion. I made this in like 10 minutes.
- Each map is comprised of three areas each with their own objective.
- The first area requires you to find 3 keys to unlock the exit.
- The second area requires you to find a security officer zombie with a key card, usually found further in the level. Then you must use the key card to activate 3 terminals throughout the level. The three terminals can be anywhere within the level, including the very first room at the start.
- The third area requires you to destroy 3 Bio Canisters. Keep your eyes high, the locations of the canisters glow in an unmistakable bright light but are often located at a higher elevation than the ground floor.
- Always buy flash grenades whenever you can, you will need them to defend against stronger life forms like Mr X. and William Birkin.
- Always kill yellow Supply Zombies, they sometimes drop powerful weapons such as miniguns or grenade launchers.
- When making your way to the exit of a section, do not waste time fighting enemies that are not in your way, shoot or melee them to stun them, then pass by them.
- If you find a locked door and hear lots of enemies on the other side, you can almost guarantee an objective you need is that direction and the Mastermind is trying to obstruct you.
Tips for Facing Mr. X and William Birkin
- Mr. X and William Birkin are on a timer of about 1 minute.
- If Mr. X grabs a teammate, shoot his head to save them.
- If William Birkin grabs a teammate, I assume you have to shoot his eye to save them, haven’t tested.
- Purchase all the flashbangs you can after completing the first area of a map because the second area and onwards is when Ultimate Bioweapons can and will be spawned.
- Do not fight Mr. X or William Birkin, use a flashbang to stun them if you need to get by them, otherwise, just kite them by running around.
- Ultimate Bioweapons cannot enter safe rooms and it may be a better alternative to wait in the safe room for them to despawn.
- Complete objectives while Mr. X and William Birkin are focused on chasing other players.
Tips for Map Downtown – Area 1
- Learn where the 3 keys can be. The area isn’t very big.
- An easy to miss key spot is on the blue barrels in the corner of the first area before you even enter the building.
Tips for Map Downtown – Area 2
- Purchase a grenade to easily deal a lot of damage and knock over the security zombie with the key card(or be Tyrone and use his “E” ability to knock the security zombie on his ♥♥♥ and pummel him while he’s down).
- Two of the easy to miss potential terminals are in the same large room as the spawn, the room with all of the tall shelves.
Tips for Map Downtown – Area 3
- Look up to find the bio canisters, most of them are at a higher elevation.
- Melee weapons are very effective for destroying bio canisters.
- The lift on the right has a switch at ground level to lower and raise it.
- Look up and look in the distance to determine where the catwalks and lifts make pathways so you can learn to navigate the space more easily.
- One of the bio canisters is tucked around a corner right in front of the exit.
- Always determine where the current bio canister is so you can help your team clear the path and defend the area so the canisters can be destroyed.
- Do not run off because you are lost, if you don’t know where you’re going stick with someone else.
- Valerie is a support character who can heal everyone with her Fever Skill and can highlight all nearby items, through walls.
- Make sure you use your “E” Ability continuously whenever it becomes available to help everyone find the objectives.
- Save your Fever Skill for a pinch where many players are hurt.
Tyrone is the ultimate CHAD and can take down every enemy with ease.
- Use your “E” Ability on priority targets ASAP. The “E” ability will knock enemies flat on their ♥♥♥ allowing all players to curb stomp them out of existence while they are on the floor. Priority targets include: Red Glowing Zombies or Player Controlled Zombies and Lickers. Tyrone’s E ability only has a 9 second cool down so use it every opportunity you see.
- Buy the stronger melee weapons as soon as you can (Steel Bat, then Sledgehammer).
- January is a hacker who’s primary focus should always be camera management.
- Purchase the Quick Draw pistol or Matilda and ammo ASAP for shooting out cameras(January does more damage to cameras than everyone else).
- Matilda pistol can destroy a camera within a single magazine, the Quick Draw requires a reload to take out a camera.
- If Matilda pistol is unavailable, purchase the Quick Draw instead because the default pistol is too ineffective at taking out cameras.
- Always be looking for cameras, you must be able to anticipate when a teammate could start getting shot by a camera turret.
- When entering spaces with long sight lines (ex. a hallway) make sure to disable cameras to avoid being easy targets for camera turrets.
- Use your “E” ability to save ammo on destroying cameras.
- If a turret camera is activated and your team takes cover, see if you can get the button prompt to hack the camera from around the corner without exposing yourself.
- A good time to use her Fever Skill is immediately after Mr. X departs.
An absolute Chad when it comes to damage. His bare-♥♥♥ing fists specifically because he’s a psychopath.
- Samuel’s “E” ability has a two second cooldown, so always use it.
- Spam Samuel’s “E” ability. Space yourself properly from your target because Samuel will dash forward when you press “E”. Mash Left Mouse Button to continue attacking
- Melee combat is messy. Keep your target centered with your camera, otherwise you will miss all your attacks.
- When your target falls to the ground or you begin missing, stop pressing Left Mouse Button so that you don’t waste actions attacking nothing. Center your target with your camera, press “E” again to activate the skill again, and follow up with punches again.
- Samuel’s Fever Skill has a cooldown of 2 minutes, which is reduced to 1 minute and 30 seconds after you kill 10 enemies. So also spam his Fever Skill.
- A hot af ♥♥♥ that exclusively deals significantly more damage with guns.
- Her “E” ability has no cooldown at all so always space yourself from your targets and then use the ability. It locks you in place, but you do significantly more damage with guns.
- Her Fever Skill give you not only unlimited ammo, but no reloading needed either, but its duration is short, so make sure you are properly positioned to immediately start shooting when you activate it.
- Use her “E” ability along with her Ultimate to do even more damage.
Martin is Gay
- His last name is Sandwich, he’s a virgin, and I haven’t tried him yet.
- I know he place mines. I guess use them to support players that are vulnerable completing objectives.
- I know he has a stun baton. I’m assuming it works to stun Ultimate Bioweapons like Mr. X, so try that to save your ♥♥♥.