Pokemon GO’s latest event is the Team Go Rocket Celebration, and it’s up to you to find out why they are celebrating. There are some exclusive field research tasks and challenges to complete. You can pick these up from spinning any nearby PokeStops. Once you pick them up, you can finish these tasks at any time, even after the event is complete. Let’s take a look at the Team Go Rocket Celebration Event Challenges and Rewards, and exclusive Field Research.
The Team Go Rocket Celebration Event is active from Tuesday, February 2 at 10 AM to Sunday, February 7 at 8 PM Local Time. You’ll need to defeat lots of Team Go Rocket Grunts, so pay attention to the sky above you. Zoom out to make sure you don’t miss them, and look for the balloon shadows nearby.
Team Go Rocket Celebration Event Challenges and Rewards
Here’s a look at the two sets of tasks available during this event:
- Defeat 1 Team Go Rocket Grunt: Potions x10
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Super Potions x5
- Defeat 6 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Revives x3
- Rewards: Rocket Radar x1, PokeBalls x10, Golbat Encounter
- Defeat 1 Team Go Rocket Grunt: Super Potions x10
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Hyper Potions x5
- Defeat 6 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Max Revives x3
- Rewards: Rocket Radar x1, PokeBalls x15, Misdreavus Encounter
Team Go Rocket Celebration Event Field Research
The field research tasks for this event are as follows:
- Catch 7 Pokemon-type Pokemon: Gligar Encounter
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon: Misdreavus Encounter
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Nidoran (female or male) Encounter
- Catch 15 Dark-type Pokemon: Umbreon Encounter
In addition to the field research and event-exclusive challenges, eggs require half the distance to hatch while inside incubators. If you have a bunch of eggs stashed up and haven’t had the opportunity to hatch them, now is a perfect time. The Strange Egg rotation is also new, meaning you can get any of the following from Strange Eggs: Qwilfish, Larvitar, Corphish, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, Deino.
Team Leaders also have a new roster of Shadow Pokemon, including Swinub, Nosepass, Aron, Spheal, Lileep, and Anorith.
Lastly, a few Dark and Poison-type Pokemon will have their wild appearance rate boosted. These include Koffing, Houndour, Sneasel, Absol, Stunky, and several others. You’ll also be seeing Mega Venusaur, Ampharos, and Houndoom in Mega Raids, and Raikou and Suicune in five-star raids.