Kyogre is a legendary Raid Boss now available in Pokemon GO for a limited-time. The pure Water-type Pokemon can be a tough encounter, but knowing the proper counters will help you catch it. Here’s a look at the Pokemon GO Kyogre counters and moveset. So, if you want to catch yourself a Kyogre, read on below to make sure you’re ready.
Kyogre comes to Pokemon GO Raid Battles on Tuesday, January 19 at 10 AM Local Time until Tuesday, January 26 at 10 AM Local Time.
Pokemon GO: Kyogre Counters and Moveset
The Water-type Pokemon Kyogre has a Max CP of 4652, 270 Attack, 228 Defense, and 205 Stamina. Kyogre is weak to Grass and Electric and resistant to Fire, Ice, Steel, and Water. Normal Kyogre, as well as shiny and event-specific variants, can be found during the timeframe.
Kyogre is a strong Pokemon, and you should have at least three trainers with appropriate strength Pokemon. You may want to use your best Pokemon, as well. Four to six trainers may be ideal for this raid, though, so proceed with caution!
Here are a few of the best counters to Kyogre in Pokemon GO:
- Shadow Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Zekrom with Charge Beam and Wild Charge
- Mega Venusaur with Vine Whip and Frenzy Plant
- Shadow Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge
- Mega Ampharos with Volt Switch and Zap Cannon
- Shadow Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Shadow Zapdos with Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt
- Tangrowth with Vine Whip and Power Whip
- Roserade with Razor Leaf and Grass Knot
- Mega Gengar with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Mega Abomasnow with Razor Leaf and Energy Ball
- Luxray with Spark and Wild Charge
- Mewtwo with Confusion and Thunderbolt
- Breloom with Bullet Seed and Grass Knot
Here’s Kyogre’s moveset:
- Fast Move: Waterfall (Water)
- Blizzard (Ice) Charge Move
- Thunder (Electric) Charge Move
- Hydro Pump (Water) Charge Move
- Surf (Water) Charge Move
Kyogre stacks up against the competition well in Master League, so you may want to take advantage and catch one while you can!