The Johto Celebration Event goes live today for Pokemon Trainers around the world. Johto is part of the series of regional events leading up to Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto. During this time, you’ll have an opportunity to complete the Johto Collection Challenge along with some event research. Here’s a look at the Pokemon GO Johto Celebration Event Timed Research tasks and rewards.
Johto Celebration Event is active from January 26 through January 31 at 8 PM Local Time. Players have until February 7 to complete these research tasks to redeem the rewards.
Pokemon GO Johto Celebration Event Timed Research Tasks and Rewards
Here are the Pokemon GO Johto Celebration Event Timed Research tasks and rewards:
- Catch 15 Dark-type Pokemon: 5 Great Balls
- Catch 15 Shadow-type Pokemon: 5 Revives
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader three times: Larvitar Encounter
- Rewards: Poke Ball x15, Incense, 5000 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo: Max Revive x2
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Cliff: Hyper Potion x2
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra: Max Potion x2
- Rewards: A Ho-Oh encounter with Earthquake
Many of these research tasks are straightforward but will require some patience. The Team GO Rocket Leaders, Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra, may prove troublesome for you, but there are some good combos to use if you want to take them down quickly.
While you’re busy collecting your fifteen Dark and Shadow-type Pokemon, keep an eye on your Johto Collection Challenge tab. There’s one single Dark-type Pokemon on the list, but you pick up some others while you’re busy completing these tasks.
We’ll keep you posted when we have a full list of the Field Research tasks and provide a guide for catching some of the more elusive Pokemon on the list. Stay tuned, and good luck, Trainers!