100% Achievement Guide for Ion Fury
- Getting Started
- Progression Unmissable Unlocks
- Weapon Achievements
- Exploration Achievements
- Referential Secrets
- Work In Progress
100% Achievement Guide for Ion Fury
The following is a work in progress…
This guide is written under the assumption that you have an understanding of Ion Fury enough to play the game to a satisfactory degree. You should be able to obtain all of the achievements herein in a single play through. In places where nuance description is required, I’ll be providing links to Pagb666’s youtube videos and guide, as they are an invaluable resource in secret hunting. Because ultimately…
- Unlock all achievements
- Your goal is to see this unlocked at the end of the guide. Let’s get started!
Fun Fact – With Patch 1.02, you can reset steam achievements for Ion Fury! Head in-game to Options -> Save Setup -> Reset Stats/Achievements. I did it to test it out, and to bring you proper information on all achievements! Happy Hunting!
Progression Unmissable Unlocks
Story, Scenarios and Bosses
- Complete the game on Maximum Fury difficulty
- Self-explanatory, the difficulty option is immediately available. It’s first on the list because it’s what you need to know the most, play on this difficulty to maximize your time. This game is long, but not as brutal as the tagline says. Ignore the warning, and also ignore the adage of retro shooters that you need to learn enemy placement to be effective. Always assume the room ahead is stuffed with enemies, and always scour for secrets to have enough ammo to deal with them.
The following cannot be missed.
Shaken, Not Stirred
- Step out of the bar
- Earned in Z1M1: The All-Seeing Eye. After you collect the blue keycard, simply open the door and step outside.
Altar of Sacrifice
- Survive the Onslaught
- Earned after exiting Z1M5 – Reformation Plaza after the arena boss fight, as the screen fades into the completion screen.
The Future of Law Enforcement
- Demolish Heskel’s oversized security droid
- Defeat the Revenant 8991-PX
- Survive Heskel’s horribly overdesigned trap
- Clear the lab of Warmechs
- Separate the Twins
- Defeat Dr. Heskel
Seeing Cyber Red
- Collect all weapons
- Simply pick up every weapon at least once. The last weapon you should have to obtain is the chain-gun, earned after the mech boss fight, as every other weapon is found while secret hunting.
- Decapitate 100 enemies
- Aim for the head until you see red, and know that it be dead.
- Tip: The Loverboy’s Alt-Fire does work, but not reliably.
- Kick 20 severed heads
- Will come naturally as you wade through the carnage you leave after each battle. You can kick the same head, it’ll count each kick. Headshots will often destroy the heads, and if you want to expedite the process, either gib enemies to spawn the heads, or gib their corpses.
- Kill 20 spiders with the Electrifryer
- Mechsects first appearing in Z1M2 – Trouble in Paradise. Hit them with MB1 of the Electrifryer, and they’ll do a quick spin before bursting.
- Tip: Press [Q] to quickly swap to the Electrifryer, and again to your previous weapon.
- Get 3 Strikes (3 or more killed) with Bowling Bombs
- Will pop quickly, sooner during the arena battle in episode one’s final map, especially with the Bowling Bomb power-up. Heskel’s House of Horrors has a bowling alley that will hand this achievement to you on a silver platter.
- Kill 30 flying enemies with explosives
- Don’t waste Clusterpucks, and if you can somehow lob a Bowling Bomb at them, more power to you. Otherwise, you’re weapon of choice is the grenade launcher. Indirect explosive damage also works.
Searching every nook and cranny…
A Secret Place
- Find 50 of f*ck’s secret stashes
- If you’re aiming for 100%, scour every inch of the map for secret doors, destroyable walls or interactable switches… or use Pagb666’s secret hunting guide.
- Stomp 20 cockroaches
- You’ll most likely earn this without knowing it, if you see a tiny white stain on the ground, you’ll be happy to know it’s just a cockroach! The sound effect for squishing them is rather silent, and they infest most vents, which you’ll be using quite often to navigate levels or towards secrets. Destroyed trashcans and garbage also spawn an intrusion of them.
- Eat 30 slices of pizza
- You’ll find slices of pizza everywhere, just scarf it down as you go.
- Drink 20 cans of soda
- You’ll find soda lying around, and most vending machines will give you five sodas before running out. Note – The cups of soda do not count, only cans.
Diddle In the Middle
- You’ll come across dart boards, one in particular in Z4M2 Casual Casualties requires you to get a bullseye with a dart in order to access that particular secret.
Mega-Secrets and More!
These require you to locate specific events within secrets, often mega-secrets, to obtain. I’m not 100% if these are correct, as I discovered them prior to the 1.02 patch that unlocked all of them.
Peanuts and Cracker Jacks
- The secret level Grand Slam. You obtain the card before the fight with the Revenant 8991-PX, and then enter after taking the elevator down.
- Find Roy’s final resting place
- Found in the first level, near the giant MDK sign. Follow Pagb666’s video starting here to get there. Approach the sign, and it’ll pop when she says the famous line from Bladerunner.
All Doors Are Locked
- Unaffordable housing
- Found by activating switches, a reference to Silent Hill 4: The Room in Z1E4 – Cultural Divide.
- Resident Evil reference, found after returning to Hazard Disposal.
- Found in the D.C. Meltdown super secret.
Total and Complete Meltdown
- Mega-Secret referencing Chernobyl.
Work In Progress
The Owls Are Not What They Seem
- I believe it refers to this non-secret. It requires you to enter a specific room that’s a Twin Peaks reference.
- Files indicate it’s a 100% achievement, to include all of the mega-secrets and the secret level. Earned most likely through discovering every countable secret, mega-secret, the secret level and killing every enemy.
Note: Just did another full 100% run post 1.02 patch, and killed everything, found everything and it didn’t unlock. I’m fairly certain there’s a mega secret in the 7th episode