Apex Legends Season seven update is here, and with an exciting new map area and a Legend, it also brings a new Shadow bug. Several players have reported that after the update they are facing some missing files and a black texture issue that is causing the Apex Legends screen to get a shadow like black texture. You can still play the game with the bug, but you won’t be able to clearly see the map and certain items where the black shadow has covered the screen. Luckily, there is an easy fix for the Shadow bug in Apex Legends.
What is Shadow Bug?
Shadow bug is an issue caused by the installation of the latest seventh season Apex Legends update. It overrides most of the in-game texture with a blackish shadow that makes the screen blurry and unclear.
How Can I Fix The Shadow Bug in Apex Legends?
You can easily fix the Shadow bug by verifying game files. All you need to do is head to Origin or Steam, wherever you are encountering the issues. Find below a step-by-step guide to fix the black texture issue in Apex Legends.
How to Fix Black Texture Issue on Origin
- Click here to head to the Origin website
- Go to “My Game Library”
- Right-click on Apex Legends to get options
- Click on the “Repair” option
This will begin to verify all the game files, and it will automatically download any missing and corrupted files. Once the repair is completed, simply close the application and restart the game to fix the Shadow bug.
How to Fix Black Texture Issue on Steam
- Click here (https://store.steampowered.com/) to head to the Steam website
- Go to Library and find Apex Legends
- Go through a few hoops and find “Properties”
- Navigate to the “Local Files” tab
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files”
This will start the process of verifying, and download all the missing files. It will also replace the corrupted files if any are found.
Following the mentioned steps will let you easily fix the Shadow bug issues in Apex Legends, and the game will be good to play again.
That’s everything you need to know about how to solve black texture issues in Apex Legends. Once inside the game, you might require help with some of the following:
- How To Easily Disable Crossplay In Apex Legends
- How To Fix DNS Connection Issues Easily In Apex Legends PC, Xbox One and PS4
- Apex Legends: How to Get The Rampart Custom Finish Skin (Free)