Pokemon GO‘s Johto Celebration Event is in full effect, leading up to the Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto event. In addition to the Johto Collection Event, there are some new raid bosses to take down. In this guide, we’ll show you how to beat Entei in Pokemon GO. The pure Fire-type Entei Pokemon has a few good counters to consider, along with some deadly weather boosts.
Entei returns to raids and replaces Groudon and Kyogre beginning on Tuesday, January 26 at 10:00 AM to Sunday, January 31 at 10:00 AM Local Time. After that point, Raikou takes over until February 4. You can see a full list of the Johto Legendary Raids and the schedule here.
Table of contents
How to beat Entei in Pokemon GO
Entei will take at least 2 Trainers with high-level optimal Pokemon to defeat. It will be a long fight, so we recommend bringing in at least 3 to take down Entei.
Here’s a look at Entei’s moveset:
- Fire Spin (Fast Move, Fire-type)
- Fire Fang (Fast Move, Fire-type)
- Overheat (Charge move, Fire-type)
- Fire Blast (Charge move, Fire-type)
- Flamethrower (Charge move, Fire-type)
- Iron Head (Charge move, Steel-type)
- Flame Charge (Charge move, Fire-type)
Entei has all fire moves, except for the one standout charge move, Iron Head. Rock-type Pokemon are weak to Steel-type moves, which can prove to be a problem for squishier Rock-type Pokemon.
Here are the top counters you can use to beat Entei in Pokemon GO:
- Mega Blastoise with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Swampert with Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Tyranitar with Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Kyogre with Waterfall and Surf
- Rhyperior with Mud-Slap and Rock Wrecker
- Kingler with Bubble and Crabhammer
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Swampert with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earthquake
- Feraligatr with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Landorus with Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Empoleon with Waterfall and Hydro Cannon
- Palkia with Dragon Tail and Hydro Pump
- Gyarados with Waterfall and Hydro Pump
- Crawdaunt with Waterfall and Crabhammer
- Tyranitar with Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Groudon with Mud Shot and Earthquake
Clear or Sunny weather boosts all of Entei’s Fire-type moves, which is basically all of them. This weather condition also boosts Grass and Ground-type counters. Considering the boosted Entei along with boosted counters, Sunny weather is ideal.
Rainy is another suitable weather type to consider because it will boost Water, Electric, and Bug-type counters. Mega Blastoise will absolutely crush Entei in rainy weather. Finally, Partly Cloudy is excellent for all Rock-type attackers, allowing you to take down Entei a lot easier, especially with two high-level Trainers.