A simple fix for Low FPS / Stuttering / CTD / Errors in Hitman 2.
Hitman 2 Low FPS / Stuttering / CTD / Errors Fix 2019
You struggle to play Hitman 2 because of low FPS, stuttering or even CTD (Crash to Desktop)?
Here is a simple Guide for you guys to fix a lot of those problems 🙂
First things first, check if your system fits to the recommend specs. Since Hitman 2 needs a lot of RAM and CPU Usage I personally recommend to get at least 16 GB of Ram and a quad core CPU which runs at 4 GHZ. As for a graphics card I think a Nvidia GTX 1070 should be fine. Even an install on SSD is a good thing, espacially for the loading times.
I personally run the game with the following system:
- MSI X58 pro-e
- Intel Xeon x5670 oc @3.7GHZ
- Nvidia GTX 1070 Gigabyte mini
- 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHZ
- 1TB HDD Samsung @ 7200rpm
I run the game with medium settings on 1080p with min. 63 fps and max. 124 fps after this fix. Before I just reached 60 fps and got drops to 35 fps.
- Check if you have the latest graphics driver. Only for Nvidia: If it still crashes try driver version 416.34.
- Close every background program you dont use at the moment like anti-virus or even monitoring programs.
- If you get a black screen on startup press alt + enter, now you should be in safe mode and should be able to go to the video settings and set the native resolution of your monitor. Also HDR can cause the black screen so, disable it before you run the game.
- If you get the ´NvCamera64.dll Faulting Module`Error try to disable Nvidia GeForce Experience or uninstall it.
- For those of you who get low fps or stuttering try to press `windows key + r` and type `Regedit` and press enter. A new window should appear and you will navigate to `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/ SessionManager/Memory Managment´ Click on the point `ClearPageAtShutDown´ and set the value to 1. After that restart your pc.
- Another way to get some performance is to open up task manager while the game is running and head to the hitman 2 task and set the priority to high.
- As I mentioned before you should run the game at least on a GTX 10 series GPU. If you got one go to Nvidias Control Panel and select `Manage 3D Settings`. Now go to ´Program Settings´ and select Hitman 2 from the drop-down list and look for V-sync in the option section. Set V-sync to fast and save it.
- After IOI released a patch for Hitman 2 which added DirectX 12 you should probably try to play with DX12. It gives you a lot more fps then with DX11.
- Also try to disable Steam and Nvidia overlay. In my case it caused the CTD issue.
That’s all I know so far. Hope I could help you fixing some issues.