Chain arts is something unique to Granage and one of its best selling points. This guide aims to explain how it works, how to set up your chain arts and weave between your combo.
Guide to Chain Arts
What is Chain arts
Chain arts are basically character cards that you can summon in battle to dish out that extra damage or prolong combo for better score. Each card in your deck also gives extra stats to the character but the effect is random even for identical cards.
What is the key combination
Your deck has 2 types of chain arts combo, one on ground (front) and one on air.
There are several ways to trigger chain arts.
- Trigger at low chance during normal attack without pressing arrow keys. This does not use overheat gauge.
- Trigger by pressing attack key and arrow key ( X + → ) for ground and (X + ↑) for air using overheat gauge. If you keep holding the arrow key, it will do the whole combo in your deck.
- Trigger by pressing B – press once for the first art in the chains or spamming for the whole chain. It seems only do the ground arts. This method also uses overheat gauge
Most players have habit of press X and → when attacking monster which automatically activate their chain arts anyway. However, most of the time its overkill and maybe push mobs away from you while also using overheat gauge.
What Are Those Stats on Cards
- Attack damage: Total base damage of the art which varies for each cards and rarity. Some card with higher rarity may have this stat lower than card with lower rarity
- Damage Reduction: Damage reduction while you using the art.
- Attack speed: How fast it dish out those total hits.
- Overheat: How much overheat does the card use. MAX overheat is at 1000.
- Hit: number of hits total.
- Range: Range of the art.
Extra stats (in purple text):
- Its random for each card, some even have none. Higher rarity has better stats. However since its still early access so I haven’t seen an art that has more than 2 lines. But those 2 lines are always come in pair.
- e.g: Phys def and damage reduction or crit chance and magic crit chance always go together.
You also can check the preview to see what each chain art does.
So How Do You Get It
For now all these method provide arts with Normal – Magic or Rare rarity.
By buying from Chain art stores in every major city with in-game gold currency.
Or by completing Quests and Daily Quests for Chain art booster which gives 1 art when opened.
How to Upgrade and Combine
Upgrading your arts level make them stronger and by combining 3 maxed level arts of the same rarity , you can get a completely new art with a good chance of upgrading them to the next rarity tier.
How to Upgrade Chain Art’s Level
You can upgrade one chain art by consuming another chain art. However, from my testing, its best to use arts of the same rarity. At level 3, 1 common art only gives a magic art 6% exp to max level. And at the moment, I don’t have enough arts to upgrade rare tier yet.
For common tier arts – Cost 1 more common tier art to max level
For magic tier arts – Cost 3 more magic tier arts to max level
How to Combine Chain Arts
Need 3 arts which are all max level and of the same rarity.
And if you are lucky, it will upgrade to next tier.
How to Arrange Your Deck
- At the beginning, focus on making your deck full and prioritize arts with good raw extra stats that best for your class e.g attack power, attack speed or strength for my slasher. Try to push these to the back of the deck.
- Then find 1 or 2 arts with good damage, hits or range to put in front of your deck because you gonna use them very often. Don’t worry about extra stats too much.
- Generally, more hits and range are better for combo, avoid missing too much and especially good for ranger to keep mobs at bay. However for some melee class it can push the mobs out of range.
- Maxed out level those good arts. Then you can slowly level up and combine any arts you don’t want to use or arts with useless stats to upgrade them to next tier. Keep in mind that arts with higher rarity are not necessary better. Same goes with extra stats.
- Lastly but most importantly, you can test out these chain arts and combo by going into practice map. From [Main menu] -> [Operation practice]. I want to see boss getting staggered in corner by someone just holding B.