Ganyu is one of the upcoming characters for Genshin Impact‘s next featured character banners. The Cryo bow-wielder is coming next week, alongside some potential new four-star characters. She is a secretary for the Liyue Qixing, seven business people who rule over Liyue’s economy. Despite her title of secretary, Ganyu can pack a punch. Here’s everything we know about Ganyu’s talents, constellations, and ascension materials.
Table of contents
Genshin Impact: Ganyu
Ganyu’s Talents are:
Liutian Archery: Normal/Charged Attack
- Normal attack shoots up to 6 consecutive arrows.
- Charged attack performs an aimed shot with improved damage. The arrow imbues itself with ice and has different effects depending on charge level.
- Charge level 1: Fires an icy arrow that does Cryo damage.
- Charge level 2: Fires a Frostflake Arrow that does Cryo damage.
Trail of the Qilin: Elemental Skill
- Ganyu leaves an Ice Lotus behind, causing Ganyu to jump back, removing debuffs, and doing AoE Cryo damage.
- Ice Lotus taunts enemies, forcing them to attack it. The endurance scales with Ganyu’s HP, and it explodes after defeated or when time runs up, doing AoE Cryo damage.
Celestial Shower: Elemental Burst
- Ganyu causes it to become snowy and icy, and she summons a Sacred Cryo Pearl.
- The Sacred Cryo Pearl makes ice shards rain down that do Cryo damage to enemies.
Here’s a look at Ganyu’s constellations, which are subject to change when she officially makes her way into Genshin Impact:
- Dew-Drinker: Taking damage from a Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrow or Frostflake Arrow Bloom decreases opponents’ Cryo resistances by 15% for six seconds. A Hit regenerated 2 Energy for Ganyu. The effect can only occur once per Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrow, regardless if Frostflake Arrow itself or its Bloom hit the target.
- The Auspicious: Trail of the Qilin gains one additional charge.
- Cloud-Strider: Increases the level of Celestial Shower by 3.
- Westward Sojourn: Opponents standing in the Celestial Shower AoE take extra damage. The effect improves over time. Increases damage taken starts at 5% and goes up 5% every three seconds for a maximum of 25%. The effect lasts 3-seconds after the opponents leave the AoE.
- The Merciful: Increases the level of Trail of the Qilin by 3.
- The Clement: Using Trail of the Qilin causes the next Frostflake Arrow shot within 30 seconds not to require charging.
Ganyu requires the following ascension materials and talent level-up materials:
If you want to ascend Ganyu to get the Ascension Rewards, or plan to use her in your main team composition, here’s what you’ll need:
|Ascension Level||Mora||Material||Boss Material||Special Ingredient||Resource|
|20||20,000||Shivada Jade Sliver x1||N/A||Qingxin x3||Whopperflower Nectar x3|
|40||40,000||Shivada Jade Fragment x3||Hoarfrost Core x2||Qingxin x10||Whopperflower Nectar x15|
|50||60,000||Shivada Jade Fragment x6||Hoarfrost Core x4||Qingxin x20||Shimmering Nectar x12|
|60||80,000||Shivada Jade Chunk x3||Hoarfrost Core x8||Qingxin x30||Shimmering Nectar x18|
|70||100,000||Shivada Jade Chunk x6||Hoarfrost Core x12||Qingxin x45||Energy Nectar x12|
|80||120,000||Shivada Jade Gemstone x6||Hoarfrost Core x20||Qingxin x60||Energy Nectar x24|