Hidden in the ruins of Dragonspine lies the Cryo Hypostasis. This elemental being is encased in a solid Cryo shell and has been given the name Daleth. Similar to the other Hypostasis fights in the game, Daleth is only susceptible to damage when it drops its outer shield. This Genshin Impact Cryo Hypostasis guide will give some basic battle tips, a breakdown of the boss fight, and some character suggestions.
Battle Notes and Tips
Follow our advice below to conquer the cold quickly!
- Bring Goulash. You won’t have to spend as much time worrying about freezing to death if your character’s consume this food before the fight.
- For an easier fight, use a Pyro character to perform powerful Melt elemental reactions.
- This is one battle you’re going to want to manage your stamina usage in. Between dodging Daleth, sprinting to the stone torches to keep warm, and rushing in to attack, you won’t have a lot of spare stamina to go around. Use it wisely.
- Consider utilizing the Anemo Elemental Resonance bonus. If you have two Anemo-based characters on your team, your movement speed is increased. This will come in handy since Daleth’s attacks strike quickly.
- Use shields, especially if you can’t outrun the boss.
- If you see the Cryo Hypostasis start to spin and roll towards you, RUN! Considering this thing is made out of pure Cryo, it’ll slice right through your characters like a sharp pizza cutter.
Breakdown of the Cryo Hypostasis Boss Fight
Coming prepared with knowledge of Daleth’s attacks will help you keep your cool during the heated moments of battle. Here’s what to expect during this Hypostasis fight.
- Icicle Projectiles – The Cryo Hypostasis will lift into the air and be surrounded by a large circular sign at the start of this attack. Shortly after, several large icicles will target your character. These will be hard to avoid without a shield or a well-timed sprint, because they track your movements.
- Icicle Burst – Although similar to the previously mentioned icicle projectiles, the icicles in this attack will first spin around the boss and then shoot outward 2-3 times (each time shooting further than the last). They do not directly target your character.
- Ice Cutter – Daleth will occasionally start to shake, spin, and then roll towards your character viciously. Expect it to run you over (back and forth) 1-3 times before finishing. It’s a good idea to dodge at the last second, but be warned the timing is tricky compared to the other Hypostasis fights.
- Ice Sandwich – This attack will be familiar to those who have challenged any of the Hypostasis bosses before. Its shell will separate into two flat slabs and then slap together with you in between them if you don’t dodge it quickly.
- Cryo Spikes – If you notice the Cryo Hypostasis dissolve its shell into the floor of the arena, prepare to sprint. Spikes made of cryo will burst from circles on the ground all around you. The only way to avoid this attack is by constantly running around.
- Regenerative State – At low health, Daleth will lock itself inside its (ice cube) shell and shoot out large, spiked Cryo objects (known as Frostfruits). Use a charge attack to knock them back at the Cryo Hypostasis as quickly as you can. After destroying it’s shield, you’ll be able to attack it a few more times and finish the fight.
Best Characters to Use Against the Cryo Hypostasis
As a general tip, any Pyro character is going to be a great choice against this boss. Here are a few of our best suggestions!
- Hu Tao