The Open Water Mission is a new set of objective for players to complete in Fortnite Chapter 2. These objectives earn players experience and apply towards the unlocking of the Open Water Loading Screen. To help you complete the different objectives in this mission consult the Open Water mission guide below.
- Open Water Mission Objectives List
- Open Water Mission Map (Credit: squatingdog)
- Land at Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs, and Dirty Docks
- Hide Inside 3 Hideouts in Different Matches
- Search 7 Chests at Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows
- Eliminate 2 Opponents With a Sniper Rifle
- Be Crouched within 20m of an Opponent for a Total of 10 Seconds
- Deal 500 damage with Pistols to Opponents
- Search 7 Ammo Boxes in a Single Match
- Get an Elimination for 50m or Further
- Survive 10 Storm Phases
- Deal 150 Damage within 10 Seconds of Leaving a Hideout
Open Water Mission Objectives List
Like previous missions, the Open Water mission contains 10 objectives for players to complete while playing Fortnite. These objectives earn players 14,000 XP for completing. Once you complete 8 objectives you unlock the Open Water loading screen which is need to find the letter O. Here are the different objectives for this mission:
- Land at Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs, and Dirty Docks (1)
- Hide inside Hideouts in different matches (3)
- Search Chests at Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows (7)
- Eliminate opponents with a Sniper Rifle (2)
- Be crouched within 20m of an opponent for a total of 10 seconds (10)
- Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (500)
- Search Ammo Boxes in a single match (7)
- Get an elimination from 50m or further (1)
- Survive Storm phases (10)
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of leaving a Hideout (150)
Keep in mind you will only have access to 3 objectives at a time. As you complete objectives more will unlock. Complete them all to reach 100%.
Open Water Mission Map (Credit: squatingdog)
Twitch streamer squatingdog has put together an awesome map showing the locations of all the objectives for the OPen Water mission. Check it out above to get an idea of where to complete the different objectives needed to complete this mission.
Land at Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs, and Dirty Docks
This objective is fairly straightforward. Land at the three named locations: Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs, and Dirty Docks. Easy enough.
Hide Inside 3 Hideouts in Different Matches
The ability to hide in hideouts is a new feature in Fortnite Chapter 2. As the name suggests certain things can be hidden inside. The things you can jump inside are haystacks and dumpsters. Inside you the hideout you can…hide. Do this 3 times across 3 matches to complete this objective.
Search 7 Chests at Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows
Another fairly easy objective. Land at either Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows and search chests in that area. This objective can be done across multiple matches so don’t sweat if you don’t find them all in one. Also keep in mind Team Rumble has a higher chest spawn rate so maybe play this mode if you want it done quick.
Eliminate 2 Opponents With a Sniper Rifle
Loot a Sniper Rifle and use it to kill 2 opponents. If you have trouble doing this in BR, maybe play Team Rumble since you can easily respawn and try again.
Be Crouched within 20m of an Opponent for a Total of 10 Seconds
Pretty straightforward objective. Get near an opponent and crouch. Ideally you will do this without them noticing you are nearby. Some situations where this may be possible includes build-offs, hideouts, or even even first drops. It also doesn’t appear you need to do all 10 seconds in a row, so you can space it out over multiple matches.
Deal 500 damage with Pistols to Opponents
Use a pistol to deal damage to opponents. This can be done across multiple game types (Team Rumble is the best) and multiple matches. Deal enough damage and the objective will pop.
Search 7 Ammo Boxes in a Single Match
Fairly straightforward objective here. You need to search 7 ammo boxes in a single match. Ideally you can accomplish this by landing in areas no one else is. This is best done on Team Rumble since spawn rates are higher.
Get an Elimination for 50m or Further
Take out someone from a distance. Ideally you will use something like a Sniper Rifle or Assault Rifle to do the job as you will need to have some accuracy.
Survive 10 Storm Phases
It’s easiest to do this in solo since you can basically just wait for the Storm Phase to roll in and run around in it. Stock lots of healing to survive the phase and do this 10x times. Pretty easy.
Deal 150 Damage within 10 Seconds of Leaving a Hideout
Get into a hideout and wait for an enemy to come near. Jump out and deal damage to them. Deal enough damage to complete this mission objective.
This concludes our Open Water mission guide. The next set of objectives will be released on soon. Check back on HTR to learn how to complete those new set of objectives.
Thoughts on our Open Water mission guide? Drop them in The Pit below.