In Destiny 2 there are a number of quests you can receive from the character called Osiris. Osiris is the central focus of the Season of Dawn and resides in the Sundial. In the Sundial Osiris has a number of new quests for players to complete. One new quest is called Recovering the Past. Use our Recovering the Past guide to complete this mission.
Recovering the Past Guide
Before you can start this quest you want to head to the Sundial and speak to Osiris. Osiris will have a new quest for you called Recovering the Past. Accept this quest from Osiris and it will trigger the questline starting with the first objective called Field Research.
How to Complete Field Research?
The first objective in the Recovering the Past quest is to gather three energy patterns by defeating three bosses across the system. Which bosses you choose to defeat is largely up to you, but a quick way to do this head to Sorrow’s Harbor on the Moon and takeout Nightmare Yellow bar enemies that appear during the tiers. When you take out three of the bosses you will get the next quest step which is to return to Osiris on Mercury.
Return to Osiris and speak with him. He will take your data and give you the next quest step which is called Vex Data Collection.
How to Complete Vex Data Collection?
As the name of this quest step suggests you will need to defeat Vex to collect data. Each Vex you defeat needs to be defeated one of two ways:
- 100 Shotgun Kills on Vex.
- 25 Melee Kills on Vex.
To complete this quest simply equip a shotgun and head to an area with plenty of Vex enemy spawns. A good place to do this is Nessus – Artifact’s Edge around the landing zone area since there are a number of Vex enemies that spawn there. Once you’ve gotten these kills completed you will unlock the Finishing Touches quest step.
How to Complete the Finishing Touches Quest Step?
The last quest step is called the Finishing Touches. Unfortunately for us this quest step is two objectives that require a bit of a time investment to complete. The two objectives of this step are:
- Complete the Pyramidion Strike on IO.
- Collect 5 Weapon Enhancers from Crubcible, strikes, and Gambit matches.
As you can see the above steps aren’t hard, but are a bit time consuming to complete. Upon completion of these objectives you will retrieve the A New Paradox quest step. This quest step has you return to Osiris. Do this now.
Receive the Perfect Paradox Shotgun
When you return to Osiris he will give you the Perfect Paradox Legendary Shotgun. This Shotgun has the following perks:
- Rapid Fire Frame (Intrinsic): Fires full auto with deeper ammo reserves. Faster reload when weapon is empty.
- Smoothbore (Barrel): Smooth shotgun barrel. Greatly increases range at the cost of more projectile spread.
- Barrel Shroud (Barrel): Balanced shotgun barrel. Increases stability. Increases handling speed.
- Appended Mag (Magazine): This weapon’s magazine is built for higher capacity. Increase magazine size.
- Light Mag (Magazine): Improved reload and range. Increases reload speed. Slightly increases range.
- Slideshot (Trait): Sliding partially reloads this weapon’s magazine and temporarily boosts range and stability.
- Trench Barrel (Trait): After a successful melee hit, this weapon gains increased damage, handling, and reload speed for a short duration – or until three shots are fired.
That’s all you need to know to complete the Recovering the Past mission and receive the Perfect Paradox shotgun. What did you think of this quest line? Let me know in the comments down below.
Thoughts on our Recovering the Past guide? Drop a comment in The Pit below.