In Destiny 2 Season 9 there are a number of new weapons for players to unlock. Some of these new weapons are Exotics while others are Legendaries. One Legendary players can work to unlock is the Buzzard. This Legendary sidearm can be unlocked by completing a certain quest-line for Zavala. To help you complete this quest-line use our how to unlock the Sidearm Buzzard guide below.
Get the Anything That Moves Quest from Zavala
To start the quest-line for the Buzzard you need to first speak to Zavala on the Tower. When you speak to Zavala you should see a new quest in his Quest offerings called Anything That Moves. Accept the Anything That Moves quest to add it to your quest log and trigger its quest step called Shoot Fast, Tread Lightly.
How to Complete Shoot Fast, Tread Lightly Quest Step?
The Shoot Fast, Tread Lightly quest step features three requirements that need to be completed in order to unlock the Buzzard sidearm. These steps involve defeating enemies in strike playlist activities in the following ways:
- 1500 Sidearm Final Blows.
- 50 Airborne Sidearm Final Blows.
- 4500 Points.
To complete this quest step you have a few options. If you don’t want to do it efficiently simply playthrough Playlist Strikes and Nightfalls while wielding a sidearm and you will unlock it eventually.
Alternatively, and more efficiently, you can simply start a playlist Nightfall on Legendary (so you are alone) and then leave the Nightfall area so you enter the planet’s overworld. On the overworld simply defeat enemies with your pistol until it dings completed. This method is much faster than playing through each activity, but is a bit boring.
Regardless of the method you choose, complete all three steps of the quest step above to receive the Done and Done quest step. All you need to do for this step is return to Zavala. Turn in the quest to receive the Buzzard sidearm weapon reward.
Sidearm Buzzard Weapon Perks
The Buzzard comes Masterworked when you receive it and it features some interesting Perks. One Perk I found to be rather noteworthy is the Osmosis Trait which changes the damage type of the weapon depending on the grenade type you throw. You can check out all of the possible Buzzard Weapon Perks below.
- Adaptive Frame (Intrinsic): Reliable and sturdy, well-rounded grip.
- Extended Barrel (Barrel): Weighty barrel extension. Increases range, decreases handling speed, moderately controls recoil.
- Alloy Magazine (Magazine): Faster reload when the magazine is empty.
- Outlaw (Trait): Precision kills greatly decrease reload time.
- Fourth Time’s the Charm (Trait): Rapidly landing precision hits will return two rounds to the magazine.
- Osmosis (Trait): Using your grenade ability changes this weapon’s damage type to match your subclass until you stow it.
- Swashbuckler (Trait): This weapon gains increased damage from melee kills and kills with this weapon.
That concludes our look at how to get the Buzzard in Destiny 2. Have a suggestion, comment, or thoughts on the weapon? Drop them in the comments below. Good luck getting this sidearm.
Thoughts on our how to unlock the Sidearm Buzzard Guide? Drop a comment in The Pit below.