More Darksiders Genesis Guides:
- 100% Achievement / Trophy Guide.
- Side Quest Locations (Chapter 1: Engines of Destruction & Back to Work).
- Boatman’s Labyrinth Guide (Map).
- Snake Locations (Chapter 7).
Quick guide for my persjnal favorite build for Strife, suited for Story and Arena alike.
I do not intend to Min-Max my Builds further than necessary for my own goals (100% game completion).
At this point in time I have yet to finish the Story mode fully. Right now I’m still missing 7 Cores, so some things might change if they are worth equipping (hope so but won’t expect it, the builds already pretty strong and plays perfectly into my playsyle for Strife).
- Use all your Cores, irrelevant of the effect, until you can completely fill the whole Tree! Your Stats get increased for all active Slots, with an additional boost for every correctly corresponding core.
- Try to fill the 2/3 Star slots with 2/3 Star Cores to get an additional increase in Stats until you can acquire the stronger ones.
- Many strong Cores can be bought from Vulgrim, don’t be afraid to spend some Souls for them, especially early on to fill 2/3 Star Slots with 2/3 Star Cores. You’ll get more Souls than you can spend before long!
- There are Cores to increase your Soul acquisition (ex.: Mammon (First Major Boss, therefore easily farmable). Very useful to get a major boost in Souls early on.
- Don’t be afraid to take a disadvantage on a core, especially once levelled to 2/3 Stars they are by far outweighed by the beneficial effect on them.
Skill Tree Listing
The following is the exact arrangement of the Cores
Start – Nephillim Brute
- [Attack – 1 Star] – Grubling
- [Wrath – 1 Star] – Tidehunter
- [Health – 1 Star] – Duskwing
- [Health – Major] – Bellial
- [Attack – 2 Star] – Stormcaller
- [Wrath – Major] – Dreadwalker
- [Health – 2 Star] – Fallen Husk
- [Attack – 3 Star] – Fallen Hound
- [Attack – 1 Star] – Feral Tidehunter
- [Wrath – 2 Star] – Wraith
- [Health – 3 Star] – Tidehunter Shaman
- [Attack – Major] – Hollow Fiend
- [Wrath – 3 Star] – Legion
- [Wrath – 1 Star] – Acid Flea
- [Health – 1 Star] – Demonic Magus
- [Attack – 1 Star] – Flame Legion
- [Wrath – Major] – Blight Cannon
- [Health – 2 Star] – Scarab Hulk
- [Attack – Major] – Ashworm
- [Wrath – 2 Star] – Skeletal Soldier
- [Health – 3 Star] – Legion Bomber
- [Health – 1 Star] – Corrupted Angel
- [Attack – 2 Star] – Scarab Queen
- [Wrath – 3 Star] – Legion Champion
- [Health – Major] – Tormented Gate
- [Attack – 3 Star] – Spectral Angel
- [Attack – 1 Star] – Angel Champion
- [Health – 1 Star] – Hellhound
- [Universal – 3 Star] – Phantom Guard
- [Universal – 1 Star] – Grub
- [Universal – 2 Star] – Armored Flea
- [Universal – 3 Star] – Flea Hulk
- [Universal – Major] – Jailer
- [Universal – 1 Star] – Fallen One
- [Universal – 2 Star] – Broodling
- [Universal – 3 Star] – Gholen
- [Universal – Major] – Grinner
Necessary Cores / Upgrades
The following are either the absolutely necessary Cores/Upgrades, or those whose worth by far outweigh any other, therefore wise to farm as soon as possible/early on:
- Hollow Fiend (First Chapter, complete 3 times as it is a guaranteed drop!)
- Tormented Gate (Shop!)
- Ashworm (Shop!)
- Jailer (Shop!)
- Blight Cannon
- Spectral Angel
- Phantom Guard (Shop!)
- Flea Hulk
- Legion Bomber
- Tidehunter Shaman
- Nephillim Brute
- Fallen Hound
- (Skeletal Soldier) -> Mainly to counter the 1 Biggest weakness of this build: Wrath Buildup
- In a Roll
- Evade Counter (Both)
- Rapid Fire
- Evade Combo