Starting January 14th through the 28th, Apex Legends players can start playing the new Grand Soireé event. This event is comprised of a series of new modes each lasting for two days, a new prize tracking system, a bonus scoring weekend, and an event shop.
Apex Legends Grand Soireé Event
New arcade modes in the new Grand Soireé event will be:
- Gold Rush Duos – gold weapons only with you and a friend
- LIVE. DIE. LIVE – automatically respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes
- Third Person Mode – a classic out of body experience
- Always Be Closing – keep on the move to avoid big damage from a ring that won’t slow down
- Armed and Dangerous on World’s Edge – shotguns and sniper rifles with limited armor
- Kings Canyon After Dark – play on king’s canyon at night
- DUMMIEs Big Day – this game ain’t gonna test itself
The prize tracking system has been reworked to give players more rewards and more ways to earn them. Gain points by earning challenges and redeem them for rewards through the new system. Each new mode listed above will have three challenges in them worth 1000 points in total. Players who try every mode can also unlock a special badge.
Bonus challenge week will feature event specific challenges worth 500 points in total. The bonus challenges can be picked up on January 17th to January 20th.
Grand Soireé will also feature an event shop similar to in previous events. You can pick up legendary skins and Art Deco inspired skins for $5. Skins will rotate in the shop.
Six new legendary skins will be added to the loot pool at the start of the event. They can either be crafted or unlocked through packs. They can also be purchased through the event shop.