Keyboard cheat codes for A Short Hike.
Hey! Since this is a single player game it should be okay to reveal the cheats in this game. Some may be neat for speed-running or experimenting, some are fun to try out after you finished the game.
First be sure to enable cheat codes by writing the following cammand on your keyboard:
You should see a little toast in the upper left corner afterwards.
Besides the cheat codes I enlisted here, I’ve found some that seem to be used for development which I omitted from this guide as they don’t offer much.
Caution: There is a leaderboard for the beachstickball game and some cheats disable participation for the particular save file you’re playing on. You can make a backup of your save file by going to “%appdata%/../LocalLow/adamgryu/A Short Hike” and creating a copy of the file “GameSaveNew.mountain”.
Item Cheat Codes
- featherplz – get a golden feather.
- nopeplz – remove one golden feather.
- sunhatplz – get a sun hat.
- coinsplz – get 50 coins.
- shellsplz – get 14 shells.
- shovelplz – get a shovel.
- shoesplz – get running shoes.
- greedyplz – get all items once (just one fish) Caution: will disable beachstickball leaderboard participation!
- allfishplz – get a fish of each species.
Rendering Cheat Codes
- fpsplz – toggle fps counter display.
- speedrunplz – toggle speed run clock display.
- hideuiplz – hide user interface.
- showuiplz – show user interface.
- 15fpsplz – set maximum fps to 15 and disable vsync.
- 45fpsplz – set maximum fps to 45 and disable vsync.
- lowresplz – render with a width of 480.
- midresplz – render with a width of 622.
- highresplz – render with the width of the current display.
Cinema mode let’s you rotate the camera freely. The controls for keyboard and controller are different.
- cinemaplz – enable cinema camera
Gameplay Cheat Codes
- restoreplz – restore feather energy. Caution: will disable beachstickball leaderboard participation!
- imstuckplz – teleport to aunt.
- fishplz – toggle faster fishing.